One of the very few and popular rap rock bands of the K-Pop Industry, N.Flying, short for New Flying, is a 5-member band formed by FNC Entertainment in 2013 releasing their first digital indie single ‘Basket’ in Japan on October 1, 2013 and making their debut in Korea, two years later in 2015.
Debut Date: May 20, 2015
Debut Mini-Album (EP): “Awesome”
Debut Single: ‘Awesome’
Fandom Name: “N.Fia”
Indian Fan Account: @indiannfia_blink
(please note these are the ones we’re aware of, contact them to be part of groups and chats)
Where are the desi N.Fias at? Don’t you think it’s time for some online desi fan love sharing through some more indian fan accounts to support N.Flying’s take over of India 😉
Seunghyub (Lee Seung Hyub)
Birth Date: October 31, 1992
Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Main Rapper, Piano, Rhythm Guitar
TMI: Loves to do Aegyo 😉
Acts cool even in scary situations!
Has acted in various K-Dramas and Web dramas.
Is in a special unit group with Jimin from AOA, going by the name ‘Jimin & J Don’.
Hweseung (Yoo Hoe Seung)
Birth Date: February 28, 1995
Position: Main Vocalist
TMI: Titled “2019’s Super Rookie” for Immortal Song Season 2.
Likes to play Billiards and go skiing.
Completed his compulsory military service already.
Recorded various OSTs for K-Dramas like A Korean Odyssey and Criminal Minds.
Jaehyun (Kim Jae Hyun)
Birth Date: July 15, 1994
TMI: Is a Potterhead i.e. he loves Harry Potter!
Has Rainbow’s Jaekyung as an older sister and Super Junior’s Shindong as his fan 😉
Is the scaredy cat and the funniest member of the group 🙂
Has a youtube channel called ‘두 얼간이 2IDIOTS’ with Hun.
Hun (Cha Hoon)
Birth Date: July 12, 1994
Position: Lead Guitarist, Vocalist
TMI: A soccer fan and the chef of the band.
Is a real charmer even among the female idols 😉
A die-hard cat lover, so much that the members say he even has a cat-like personality!
Is said to be the most serious member but also sleeps in adorable kitty PJs xD
Dongsung (Seo Dong Sung)
Birth Date: April 9, 1996
Position: Bassist,Vocalist, Maknae
TMI: Is a former member and the leader of ‘HONEYST’.
Loves to workout and play board games.
Shares a room with Seung Hyub now.
Was close friends with Hun and Seung Hyub even before he joined N.Flying.
Had played with N.Flying on some of their records as a bassist even before joining as a permanent member.
- On October 1, 2013 N.Flying released their first indie single album titled ‘Basket’ in Japan which peaked at No.2 on Tower Records Weekly Singles Chart, No.2 on Oricon Indies Weekly Singles Chart and No.4 on Oricon Daily Singles Chart.
- Performed as the opening act at F.T. Island’s ‘Replay’ Zepp tour and at CNBLUE’s ‘One More Time’ Arena Tour in 2013.
- On November 14, 2013 N.Flying did their first one-man live at Live Space Halot.
- Released their second Japanese Indie single album titled ‘One and Only’ on January 1, 2014, which hit No.1 on Tower Records Chart on its second day of release.
- Made their ‘First tT.V. Appearance on the 7th episode of FNC’s reality drama, tvN’s ‘Cheongdam-dong 111′.
- Were appointed as the new Endorsement Model of ‘Buckaroo Jeans’ in 2014.
- Seung-hyub was appointed as the leader of N.Flying in last season of reality show, ‘Cheongdamdong111: N.Flying’s Way of Becoming a Star’.
- Opened F.T. Island’s concert in Singapore in 2014 as well.
- On May 11, 2015 FNC Entertainment launched a teaser homepage for N.Flying’s upcoming Korean debut.
- On May 20, 2015, N.Flying made their debut with a Korean and chinese version of their debut track, Awesome.
- N.Flying’s first single album ‘Lonely‘ was released on October 22, 2015.
- Performed their debut song Awesome at KCON in Japan in April 2016.
- On June 19, 2017, it was announced that former Produce 101 Season 2 contestant ‘Yoo Hwe-seung’ would be joining the group.
- On August 2, 2017 their second EP THE REAL : N.Flying with the title track “The Real” was released.
- Won the “Best 3 New Artists (Asia)” category in the Japan Gold Disc Award, 2017.
- On January 3, 2018, N.Flying released their third EP The Hottest with the lead single “Hot Potato”and on May 16, 2018, they released their fourth EP How Are You?.
- N.Flying held a concert entitled “N.Flying 1st Livehouse Tour – THE REAL Ⅳ” on December 5 and 7 in Japan.
- Kwang-jin left the group on December 26, 2018 T.T
- On January 2, 2019, N.Flying released their single “Rooftop” through Fly High Project #2 and held their their concert series “N.Flying Fly High Project Note 2. 2019” on January 19 at MUV Hall.
- The single ‘Rooftop’ gained sudden popularity occupying the #1 spot on all major Korean music charts and topping Gaon’s weekly digital chart for two consecutive weeks and its monthly digital chart for the month of March.
- N.Flying won the “Best Rock” award at the Melon Music Awards, 2019 for the single, Rooftop, “Rising Hot Star Award” at the Soribada Best K-Music Awards, 2019 and also won the title of the “Band of the Year” at the Brand of the Year Awards, 2019.
- On April 24, 2019, N.Flying released their fifth EP Spring Memories with the same name title track through Fly High Project #3 which debuted on the Gaon Charts at No.5.
- Following this a concert series was held entitled “N.Flying Fly High Project Note 3” on April 29 at MUV Hall.
- Held their First world tour 2019 Live Up All Night in Bangkok on June 20 and Hong Kong on August 10, 2019 and in Paris on September 22, 2019.
- Held their solo concert series “N.Flying Fly High Project Note 4” on July 20, 2019 at Yes24 Live Hall.
- On January 1, 2020, former HONEYST leader and bassist Dong-sung was officially announced to joining the group as a Bassist through a fancafe post by N.flying leader Seung-hyub which was later confirmed by FNC Entertainment as well.
- Won the “Discovery of the Year-Band” award for Rooftop at the Gaon Chart Music Awards, 2020 and the “Idol Band Award” at Korea’s First Brand Awards, 2020.
Their “Breakthrough Song” that went viral on the online community suddenly, Rooftop is the must-listen track of the band if you are a first-timer!
Next up on your playlist should be their recent comeback release, Good Bam which is an “all in good fun” track that is not only upbeat but warms your heart with a music video that showcases a fun night-out with friends!
If you are loving the comedic and fun elements of these talented boys’ music, then Hot Potato is just the track for you 😉
This group might have had a lot of member changes but seeing the unbreakable bond they share through their music and their hardcore training days really makes you want to support and cheer them on, doesn’t it ?
Did you enjoy reading about these amazing boys?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!