Lee Ye-Ji or YEZI (예지) as she is stage-named as, is a South Korean Rapper and Singer, currently under JG Star Entertainment. Loved by her fans for her elegant yet strong and powerful rap flow, Yezi also captivates the listeners with her mellifluent vocals in the chorus of her tracks 😉
YEZI (Lee Ye-Ji )
Birth Date: August 26, 1994
Debut Date: August 31, 2012
Debut Project: “Vista”
TMI: Former member of the K-Pop girl group, FIESTAR under LOEN Entertainment.
Made her debut as a soloist with the single album “Foresight Dream”, on January 28, 2016.
Had traveled 4 hours to Seoul every weekend to perform as a backup dancer for other famous singers before she debuted.
Became interested in rap while listening to Rapper, Yoon Mi-rae
Has Co-sung OSTs as well like, “In Your Eyes (Drama Ver.)” from the K-Drama, ‘Are You Human?’
Her ideal type is Big Bang’s T.O.P. 😉
As a member of FIESTAR, she was known as “the cute maknae” but now, her fans appreciate her “strong woman” image.
Semi-finalist of the Rap reality show, ‘Unpretty Rapstar 2’.
Gained popularity after her bold performance of “Crazy Dog” in the 3rd episode of Unpretty Rapstar and even dissed the show’s producers in her freestyle rap which was edited out xD
- Debuted in LOEN Entertainment’s new girl group, Fiestar on August 31, 2012, after training for three years with the album, “Vista”.
- Was part of the lineup of Mnet’s Unpretty Rapstar 2 in 2015, where she was eliminated in episode eight but returned for the semi-final after winning a revival round.
- During the show, she released two singles, “Solo (Remix)” (ft. Jay Park and Loco) and “Listen Up” (featuring Hanhae), both of which charted on the Gaon Digital Chart, at numbers 16 and 27, respectively.
- On December 11, 2015, she pre-released a new version of the track, “Crazy Dog” which had gained her so much popularity in the rap show.
- Released a promotional single titled “Z-Noid” for the game “Counter-Strike Online” and also filmed a music video for it which was released on 23rd December 2015.
- Made her solo debut with maxi-single, “Foresight Dream” which had 4 tracks and was released on January 28, 2016.
- Featured on the OST for Drama series, “Wanted”, in a song titled “Shadow” alongside Jung Chae-yeon on 7th July 2016.
- Released two tracks with singer Babylon on 8th September 2016 titled “Chase” and“Chase Jazz Ver.”
- On 24th May 2017, Yezi released her 3rd single, ” Anck Su Namum” which marked her “1st Producer Credit” since her debut for an album of her own, accompanied by her usual composition and writing credit.
- Also participated in a project called “Jung In x Yezi’s SR Project Vol. 5” in which they released a track titled, “Please Love Me” in 2018.
- Co-sang OST, “In Your Eyes (Drama Ver.)” from the K-Drama, ‘Are You Human?’ in 2018 with singer and songwriter, YONGZOO.
- Drops another single, My Gravity, with a picturesque music video on 30th January 2020 which was her first solo release since the OST for ‘Are You Human?’ two years ago.
- Releases another heartfelt and aesthetic single, ‘Home’ on 5th March 2020 along with a remix titled, ‘Home (Fenner Remix)’ released one month later, on April 24th, 2020.
Starting out from her most recent track that is an absolute masterpiece in terms of lyrical tones, aesthetics, and just pure artistic talents, check out “Home”, a heartfelt single by the very talented Yezi.
Coming at all those critics and haters in the world who try to be cool and drag others down, Yezi talks the talk to them in her sassy and very edgy cider flow track, “Cider” from her album, Foresight Dream.
Also, check out her dope Rap Battle Showdown on Unpretty Rapstar Season 2 if there is any doubt left in your minds about her rapping skills because Yezi is surely a force to be reckoned with and this battle is proof of how she slays 😉
Didn’t the battle just leave you mind-blown?
Eager to check out more tracks and performances by her?
Spill your thoughts in the comments.