Crowned as the winner of the very first season of the hottest rap reality show, Show Me The Money and renowned for his trendy and versatile rap style, Loco (로꼬) is a rapper under Jay Park’s label, AOMG and currently serving his compulsory military service.
Loco (Kwon Hyuk Woo)
Birth Date: December 25, 1989
Debut Date: September 4, 2012
Debut Single: ‘See the Light’
TMI: Nicknamed as ‘Gochoo’.
Winner of Show Me The Money Season 1 in 2012.
Does not have a single tattoo on his body!
Started rapping because he stuttered while talking.
Looked upto Kanye West for inspiration to write his raps while in Highschool.
Had performed on the stage with his Highschool group, Satgotbong in just sauna clothes 😉
Had auditioned to be part of BTS but hadn’t made the cut.
Often called ‘crazy’ because of his heavy drinking before shows, he decided on the stage name, “Loco”.
His ideal type is Mamamoo’s Hwasa whom he has collaborated with before.
Is currently enlisted in the military services for his compulsory military service.
- Participated and won the rap comepetition show, Show Me The Money Season 1 in 2012.
- Joined a crew called VV:D which had members like Crush, Zion.T, Elo, and Gray after winning.
- Made his debut on September 4th, 2012, with the single “See the Light ft. Gray”, as a solo artist.
- Made an appearance in OSTs like “The Virus (with Havy T)” in 2013 and “This Song (with Mamamoo)” in 2014 for ‘My Lovely Girl’.
- Left his old label due to differences and joined Jay Park’s label, AOMG when Jay Park paid his penalty for breaking contract with his old label as well.
- Released the track “Hold Me Tight ft. Crush” in 2014 that made him known to the listeners which was given to him by Jay Park as it was supposed to be his. The track peaked at No. 4 on the Gaon Music Charts and at No. 7 in the Korean Billboard Charts.
- Through 2015 and 2016, he went on to release various non-album singles which did well on the charts featuring artists like Jay Park, DJ Pumpkin, Gray, Cha Malone, etc; some even peaking at top ten spots in the Gaon Music Charts.
- Featured in various artists’ tracks that did well on the charts and exposed him to the audience in 2016 like “All I Wanna Do (Jay Park ft. Hoody & Loco)” which peaked at the Billboard Charts at No. 9 and “Can’t Help Myself (Eric Nam feat. Loco)” which peaked at No. 4 on the same charts as well.
- Continued with participating in recording of very renowned OSTs likeThe Girl Who Sees Smells’s OST, “Spring is Gone by Chance (with Gfriend’s Yuju)” in 2015 and ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’s OST’, “Say Yes (with Punch)” in 2016.
- Won the category of “Best OST” at the 2015 Melon Music Awards for the track, “Spring is Gone by Chance (with Gfriend’s Yuju)”.
- Came back to ‘Show Me The Money Season 4’ as a producer and judge alongside Jay Park in 2015.
- Collaborated with renowned international artists, Far East Movement and Soulja Boy on the track, “Double Dip” belonging to album, ‘Identity’ of Far East Movement, which took the No. 1 spot at iTunes’ US Dance Album Chart and peaked at No. 7 at the Billboard Dance/Electronic Chart.
- First album released by Loco was titled “Bleached” on May 25, 2017 with track, “Too Much ft. Dean”.
- Summer Go Loco, the second EP by Loco was released on August 18, 2017.
- In 2018, his single, “It Takes Time ft. Colde” peaked at No. 2 at the Gaon Music Charts and his collaboration with Baekhyun of EXO on track, “Young” snatched the No. 4 spot at Billboard Chats and No. 11 spot on the Goan Music Charts.
- Participated in the hottest collaboration of K-Hiphop Artists on “119 Remix” track, produced by Gray in 2018.
- Collaborated with Hwasa of Mamamoo on the track, “Don’t Give It to Me” for ‘Hyena on the Keyboard Part.4′ show which was his biggest success yet as it topped at No. 1 spot at both the Gaon Music Charts and the Billboard Charts as well.
- Won in the category of “Best Ballad” at the Melon Music Awards, 2018 for his track wit Hwasa, “Don’t Give It to Me” which also won him the “Hot Issue Entertainer Award” alongside Hwasa,at the 2018 KBS Entertainment Awards.
- Entered the compulsory 21-month military service on February 7th, 2019.
- Released track, “It’s Been A While ft. Zion.T” just as he ensued his services on February 7th, 2019, which peaked at No. 14 on the Billboard Charts and stayed on the charts for 9 weeks straight.
Fall into the overflowing charms of the multi-talented rapper while listening to his very first single featuring label-mate Gray, “See the Light”.
Another track by this trendiest duo, Gray and Loco is “Late Night” that shows off the individual talents of both these amazing artists to the maximum and is a fun track to jam to with friends 😉
Loco’s most talked about collaboration with the seductive girl-boss, Hwasa from Mamamoo on the track, “Don’t Give It to Me” and their amazing chemistry in the music video is also a delight to see!
The track that to the world’s notice this multi-talented and trendy rapper and one that will definitely touch your heart, is his winning track, “Home” that he performed with Double K for the finale of Show Me The Money Season 1!
Excited to listen to Loco some more now?
Can’t wait for him to comeback from the military service and start releasing bops again 😉 ?
Let us know in the comments!