Amidst the lockdown situation in India due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the audition for the most anticipated annual show, K-Pop India Contest 2020 is still going strong as the organisers have decided to hold the regional rounds online this time around! These online regional rounds will be held between 15th May, 2020 11:00am (IST) till 15th June, 2020 11:59am (IST).
Another well-thought change by the organisers, Korean Cultural Centre India (KCCI) is that this time the participants can submit ONLY their solo entries for the singing and dancing categories!
These changes have been deemed necessary as the Director of KCCI, Kim Kum Pyoung, explains,
“In consideration of the current situation with COVID-19, the centre has decided to organize the regional round of K-POP Contest 2020 online and allow solo entries only to assure the safety of participants.”
How to Participate in the Contest
- Fill the registration form carefully on the website- www.kpopindia.com as any discrepancies in the form will lead to disqualification.
- Read all the Online Round Rules and Selection Criteria stated on the website and then shoot your video.
- Upload your video on Youtube and copy-paste the YouTube video URL in the “Video Link Box” given in the form.
- Indian Nationals currently living abroad will also be allowed to participate as long as they are able to travel to India if they are selected as finalists.
- Age Limit : 14 years and above at the time of registration.
- Entries allowed are SOLO ONLY!
- Participants can take part in both singing and dancing category. However, no more than one entry per category (singing and dancing) will be allowed.
- Participants from regions not chosen for the regional round can also participate from the selected city that is closest to them.
- Editing of videos in any form is NOT allowed!
- The video’s sound and in case of dance, visual quality as well should be good.
- Merging of songs is NOT allowed.
- Participant’s face must be clearly visible in the video.
- The K-pop Song should be covered 100%.
- Playing your own instruments is NOT allowed!
- Song selected by the participants will have to be performed by them for all rounds of the competitions, i.e., Online Round, Regional Round and the Finale.
- Check the Rules and QnA Post for more clarification of doubts.
Cities Selected as Regional Round Venues
Winners from the online round will get to participate in the Regional Round which will be held on an online platform in the selected cities mentioned below.
Online Round Selection Criteria
- Ability: 60%
- Expression and Pronunciation: 20%
- Stage Charisma: 20%
- Choreography(Composition, Uniformity, Similarity to the Choreography): 40%
- Technique: 30%
- Stage Charisma: 30%
And that, wraps up all you need to know about this year’s K-Pop India Contest 🙂