CLC (씨엘씨), short for ‘Crystal Clear’ and previously known as “Cube Girls”, is a septet girl-group formed by Cube Entertainment in 2015, who gained publicity even before their debut for their street performances to raise money for children with disabilities.
Debut Date: March 19, 2015
Debut Album (EP): “ First Love ”
Debut Single: ‘Pepe’
Fandom Name: “Cheshire”
Seungyeon (Chang Seung Yeon)
Birth Date: November 6, 1996
Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer, Rapper
TMI: Is the jokester of the group and keep their spirits up with her jokes 🙂
Loves to dance to release stress.
Seungyeon’s ideal type is actor Jo Jung-suk 😉
Took the JLPT exam, so is fluent in Japanese!
Sorn (Chonnasorn Sajakul)
Birth Date: November 18, 1996
Position: Main Vocalist
TMI: A coffee and art lover 🙂
First winner of the K-Pop Star Hunt.
Her father works for the Prime Minister of Thailand!
Is quadrilingual as she can speak Thai, English, Korean and even Chinese!
Seunghee (Oh Seung Hee)
Birth Date: October 10, 1995
Position: Main Vocalist
TMI: Nicknamed as “Little Hani”.
Is the former leader of CLC.
Loves writing poems and cook for the members 🙂
Is a big fan of Nu’est that she even signed up for their fancafe 😉
Yeeun (Jang Yee Eun)
Birth Date: August 10, 1998
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist
TMI: Likes to play Overwatch along with Eunbin.
Was BTS Jungkook‘s classmate.
Yeeun’s ideal type is actor Lee Hyun-woo 😉
Is quadrilingual as she can speak Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese!
Yujin (Choi Yu Jin)
Birth Date: August 12, 1996
Position: Lead Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
TMI: Nicknamed as “Yu-mouse”, “rabbit”, “Jinni”.
Likes to take long, relaxing showers 🙂
Acted in the web dramas “Green Fever” and“Nightmare Teacher”.
Is often teased by the members and called the “fake Maknae” due to her adorable nature 😉
Elkie (Chong Ting Yan)
Birth Date: November 2, 1998
Position: Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Visual
TMI: is a former child actress in birthplace, Hong Kong 😉
Loves eating cakes and steak 🙂
Is a sci-fi movie-lover but doesn’t adore romantic movies
Quadrilingual and can is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean and English!
Eunbin (Kwon Eunbin)
Birth Date: January 6, 2000
Position: Vocalist, Rapper, Maknae
TMI: Called the “giant maknae” xD
Loves to shop and strum the guitar strings 🙂
Can pole dance like a badass as well 😉
Appeared in the web dramas, “Top Management” and “Bad Papa”.
- Made their first appearances as back-up dancers for G.NA and as models for the uniform brand ‘Smart’ in 2014.
- Were known pre-debut after their street performances that raised money for children with disabilities.
- Debuted on March 19, 2015 with a five-member lineup releasing their first EP ‘First Love’, including the lead single “Pepe”.
- Performed their debut song for the first time at the Acts Hotel in Seoul and made their debut music show performance on ‘M Countdown’.
- On April 16, 2015 CLC released a digital single titled “Eighteen”.
- Their second EP “Question” was released on May 28, 2015.
- Appeared on the show, ‘Weekly Idol’ just two months after their debut.
- Their track, “Like” was at No.10 on M! Countdown on June 4, 2015.
- Released their first show, CLC’s Love Chemistry in 2015 having 4 episodes.
- Held their ‘First Overseas Promotional Tour’ in Malaysia entitled “First Love Promo Tour in Malaysia” on October 10 and 11, 2015.
- Won in the category of “Rookie of the Year Award” in KMC Radio Awards, 2015 and the Korean Culture Entertainment Award, 2015.
- Third EP “Refresh” and its lead single “High Heels” were released on February 29, 2016 which marked the addition of two new members.
- Made their ‘Japanese Debut’ on April 13, 2016 with the release of their first Japanese EP, “High Heels”.
- Launched their ‘Official Naver V App” channel with Eunbin making her first live appearance as part of the group.
- Released their fourth Korean EP “Nu.Clear” on May 30, 2016 and their second Japanese EP, “Chamisma” on July 27, 2016 which peaked at No. 9 on the Oricon Daily Albums Chart, making it their “First Release to enter Top 10” of the Oricon chart.
- Held their “First solo Japan fan-meeting” at Tower Records in Tokyo on January 9, 2017.
- Released their fifth Korean EP, “Crystyle” on January 17, 2017 which debuted on Billboard’s World Albums chart at #6, while lead track “Hobgoblin” peaked at #4 on the World Digital Song Sales chart.
- held the “First fan-meeting” for their fan-club, Cheshire, “2017 Cheshire Entrance Ceremony” on May 27, 2017.
- Released their sixth EP, “Free’sm” on August 3, 2017.
- Released digital single “To The Sky” on February 1, 2018, as a pre-release track and their seventh extended play, “Black Dress”, on February 22, 2018.
- Held their third anniversary concert “Black Dress” on April 1, 2018 which was a donation-based, charity concert.
- Held their CLC Live Show In Hong Kong 2018 – Black Dressconcert at Macpherson Stadium in Hong Kong on July 20, 2018.
- Named the ambassador to the “Korea Insulin Dependent Diabetes Association” on November 17, 2018.
- Won the “Next Rising Star of Asia Award” on Daradaily The Great Awards in 2018.
- Released their eighth EP, “No.1″ on January 30, 2019 which debuted at No. 5 on Billboard’s World Albums chart.
- Earned their ‘First Music Show Win’ on The Show with the title track “No”.
- On May 29, 2019 the group released “Me” as a digital single and on September 6, 2019 CLC released their fourth digital single “Devil”.
- Yujin and Seunghee appeared on King of Masked Singer as Star Candy and Mojito in 2019.
- Won “Album of the Year Award” for their album, ‘No.1′ at KBrasil Music Awards in 2019.
- Won “Music Star Award” on the Soribada Best K-Music Awards, 2019.
- On March 1, 2020, Billboard reported that the singles “Me” and “Devil” debuted at number 5 and 7, respectively on the US World Digital Songs chart.
- Billboard also reported that this made the single the ‘Second Best Selling Song’ of that week only after BTS’ “Black Swan”.
Check out their debut track, “Pepe”, a retro dance number which surprised everyone when it was released as it wasn’t just about the cute girl concept that many expected them to have and was also a mix of beauty and mellow sass.
Always trying out newer concepts, CLC’s album, ‘Crystyle’ shows off a more charismatic hip-hop concept with its lead single, “Hobgoblin” which plays on a EDM/trap beat.
With great visuals, alluring vocals and engaging beats, “Black Dress” of CLC is a total banger!
A vibrant and upbeat track that has a retro K-Pop like touch in its instrumentals, their latest comeback track, “Devil” is one their best so far and is sure proof of how much they have grown since their debut in 2015.
Since 2015 to 2020, these talented girls who have always strived to become more mature and refined artists and have experimented with a lot of theme, be it the innocent, girl crush theme or the powerful rather hip-hop one, deserve all the praise and applause for their 6 years of hardwork and more 🙂
Are you amazed by the charms of these multi-talented girls?
Are you looking forward to their 2020 comebacks as well?
Spil your thoughts in the comments!