Jamie also known as Jimin Park is a Korean Singer-Songwriter and a television host who debuted with JYP entertainment in a duo group called 15&. She went solo in 2015 and is also part of a project group called M.O.L.A. (Make Our Life Awesome). She also has her podcast called ” What Would Jamie do?” with Dive Studios.
In 2019, she left JYP Entertainment on good terms following her contract expiration and recently announced that she had signed with Warner music and will promote as Jamie.
All pictures are sourced from Jamie’s official Instagram account.
JAMIE ( PARK JIMIN)
Birth Date: July 5, 1997
Debut Date: October 5, 2012.
Debut Album (EP): “Sugar”
Debut Single: “I Dream”
Fandom name: Baby J
TMI: She was born in Jung-gu, Daejeon, South Korea
She went to a British School In Thailand for seven years before moving back to Korea.
She went to Hanlim’s art school and graduated in 2016
She can speak Korean, English, and basic Thai.
Her childhood dream was to be a swimmer and later a comedian.
She does a lot of charity work and she even donated her K-Pop Star prize money of 300 million won (about 1.85crore in INR) to charity
She has participated in many ost’s
She does a great elephant impression
She has 11 tattoos
She admires artists such as Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Psy, Lena Park and Ledisi
Jimin likes eating gwameki, spaghetti, banana milk, and cheesecake.
She does not like Jalapenos.
She is known for being friendly and is close with Day6’s Jae, Vixx’s Ravi to name a few.
Favorite color green.
- She was the winner of the first season of K-Pop Star. She received a brand new Hyundai i40 and 300 million won, was cast in a drama, and was also allowed to sign a contract as a CF model.
- Her performance of “Rolling in the Deep” garnered International Attention and she even made it to CNN. She was praised by International stars such as Ashton Kutcher and Eric Benét.
- Her duo group 15&’s second single Somebody rose to the summit of music charts on Olleh, Melon, Daum, and others.
- Her group 15& was nominated in various categories in 2013,2015 and 2016 in Seoul Music Awards and 2015 in Melon Music Awards.
- She made her solo debut with “Hopeless Love” on April 5, 2015.
- On August 23, 2016, she released her first EP 19 to 20 with the lead single “Try.”
- On September 4, 2018, her second EP jiminxjamie, was released where she participated in the composition for the majority of the tracks.
- In 2012, she donated 50 million won to Hanbit Performing Arts Company. Apart from this, she donated 50 million won to World Vision as well
- She starred in a Dream Knight as GOT7’S Jinyoung’s fan.
- She is a television presenter and had been featured in several TV shows, such as ‘After School Club’, ‘Strong Heart’, and ‘Night Line’, to name a few.
- Her song “Hopeless Love” was nominated for the Bonsang Award, Popularity Award and Hallyu Special Award in the 25th Seoul Music Awards in 2015
- She started her podcast show titled, ” What Would Jamie do?” under Dive Studios.
- Jamie along with Nathan and Woodz formed a project group called M.O.L.A which was later joined by Pentagon’s Kino, Seventeen’s Vernon, and guitarist Hoho.
- She has had many collaboration and featuring with artists such as J.Y. Park, Eric Nam, Vixx’s Ravi, Choi Youngjae, etc
- She recently signed with Warner Music which has popular artists such as Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa, CardiB etc.
Listen to Jamie’s debut single as a duo of 15&
Her first single “Hopeless Love” talks about the pain of one-sided love and she conveys that feeling beautifully with her soulful voice and an ethereal music video.
In the album jiminxjamie, she explored her sense of self and displays different sides of her. The lead title song an R&B track showcases her growth as an artist. This music video also got a 19+ rating.
Check out her collaboration with Vixx’s Ravi
Her latest single “Stay Beautiful” is a moody R&B track that has her addressing male self-confidence. The music video features her real-life friends which adds to the charm of the minimalistic mv.
And of course, don’t forget to watch her amazing cover as of ” Rolling in the Deep” as a 14-year-old in K-Pop Star.
Jamie has always wowed us with her amazing vocals ever since her debut as a duo in 15& and her solo career as well. She has started a new chapter in her career with Warner music and we Baby Js’can’t wait for what she has in store for us.
Which is your favorite track from Jamie?
What do you think about her move to Warner music?
Let us know in the comments section.
Also let us know about your favorite sassy Jamie moment.